Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Boy is in the Bed

Edited Wednesday, April 23: My efforts were derailed in less than 1 hour. Joseph woke up whining and crying because of his sunburn. So, the plan was aborted. We'll see what happens next time he asks to sleep in the bed...

Joseph has been napping in his bed (the bottom bunk) for the last week or two. Tonight, as we walked into his room to go to sleep, he climbed into the bed! I said, "Do you want to sleep in your bed tonight?" Clambering on, he said "Yyyesss!". So, we tucked him in with Bear and Puppy, and to sleep he went. Sweet.

I wonder how the rest of the night will go. It's funny being a parent. There's a lot of simply watching to see how things play out. Some things you can control, but most you don't. More than just a new experience, it's like a live-action show. Or something.

Anyway, before I get too excited, perhaps I should wait and celebrate in the morning? More later.

Coming soon: More pics and thoughts on "just as I am"

No comments: