Friday, November 14, 2008

White Out

Anyone remember Joseph's art work with the red Marks-a-Lot last summer? He wrote all over our chair, couch and desk. Fortunately, Rose was there and knew how to clean it in a jiffy!

I should have known, when he came into my room to let me know that he was going to "clean it", that something was fishy. But, being the thick-headed type, I finished what I was doing and moseyed into the front living room. And there he stood. With the white-out in hand. And white-out all over our big picture window and window sill. And more on a bookshelf. And on Emma's hands. And on his mouth. Who knows where else?

I promptly freaked out and put the kids to bed and swept the house looking for more damage. I haven't found anything else...so far. I'm sure Aaron will later. : /

It came off the window just fine, and the top of a bookshelf that still had a lot of finish on it, but the window sill is a goner. Sigh. We were thinking of sanding it down and refinishing anyway. I guess now that's a definite.

Lesson to learn: Watch your children. How many times have I "learned" this lesson? Countless. Maybe this time it will sink in!

No comments: