Monday, November 10, 2008

OBU update

I was so depressed when I went to OBU, and missed my best friend so much, that I was prone to sending obnoxiously long e-mails. I would outline each and every detail of my day, and include lengthy commentary to boot. Chrystal says she loved them.

Now, I am still prone to writing obnoxiously long blog posts, but, alas, no one will pipe in and say they love them. The real demand is for cute kid pictures. I know their priority.

But I can't sleep tonight. A few minutes ago I was rocking Emma and decided I might as well blog. About nothing.

What I thought about today:
If I didn't discuss three things, I wouldn't gossip. 1. Who's mad. 2. Who's suffering. 3. Who's in love. That covers most of it.

What I googled today:
1. "can't lose weight while nursing"
2. "Love is Kind"
3. "target in edmond ok"
4. "cramp at night in child"
5. "real estate elkmont, al" (no, we're not moving - it's just window shopping...)

What I did today (not in order):
1. Folded two loads of laundry while watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. And I put them away.
2. Took my husband to work, drove to chiropractor, managed to unload two small children in monsoon, get back adjusted (ahh), reload two small children in monsoon, get lost looking for video place, return home.
3. Enjoyed an Egg Nog Latte while husband enjoyed a Carmel Hot Chocolate. Indulge.
4. Sold a dishwasher for $175, which was given to us for free.
5. Read "Love is Kind" 10 times to my sweet little boy who now knows several sight words: rude, brag, selfish, love, truth, hope.
6. Made a scrumptious dinner of tomato soup and grilled cheese, with pepperoni slices - just the way Aaron likes it.
7. Wiped feet numerous times on towel in laundry room, cursing my laziness in not sweeping, and making a mental note to get a rug.
8. Put up small stick LED lights in hutch - accent lighting!
9. Finished off the rest of my experimental banana pudding. Not bad for a first try, but Meme has much to teach me.
10. Dreamed of being in the country, after I saw an ad on craigslist for Rhode Island Red laying hen. Good ol' Red. I miss her.
11. Watched (for the 10th time?) Dwight smash into a pole and puke all over his car, just to save Michael from a George Foreman grill foot injury. And for the 10th time, I laughed so hard I ran out of breath, and even managed to make Aaron giggle too.

Maybe I typed enough to make my body sleepy. Repetitive actions are supposed to help, right? Awfully strange, me not being sleepy. Maybe it was that extra sugar and caffeine in the latte???

4 comments:

Norman said...

Definitely the latte. Also, please do write long blog posts. I can't say your readership loves them, but I certainly don't mind.

Chrystal said...

You know I'm always up for an OBU update (that was at least one good thing from freshman year). =)
It was good to hear your voice yesterday. Let's talk again soon. Love you, heart friend!

Tamara L Beckwith said...

Wow! Dinner sounds dreamy.

Kelly said...

I guess it was the latte. It's a terrible cycle: I've been getting less sleep and so, to make it through the day, a latte is quite needed. But they keep me up! Ah!

We do need to talk more Chrystal. You and Joseph Horan put a smile on my face the whole night. "Pick up!"

Tami, are you serious? Or being sarcastic? To me, grilled cheese and tomato soup is nothing to be desired. But for Aaron and Joseph it's a tasty treat. Their favorite treat is Eckrich Sausage and boxed Mac-n-Cheese. Ick.