Monday, November 03, 2008

New Blessings










Funny how you never really know whether God is giving you a blessing or a curse; or whether God ever gives His elect curses; or whether it's even your business to scrutinize such things.








We're moved in. Please only take the most literal meaning of that word: our belongings are (just barely) on our property, but that's as far as it goes. Unpacking is reduced to a one-item-at-a-time strategy. We only found our toothbrushes 3 days after moving day.








There is so much left to do. Strangely enough, the most pressing of those things are about family matters, not the house. I have to figure this motherhood thing out - pronto. What is love? What is not? Where did sleep go? Where did my bed go? The way my day goes, I could throw out the clock, and that's not because I'm so in tune with the sun. Breakfast could be anywhere between 7:30 and 10:00, lunch from 11:00 and 2:00, and dinner 5:00 and 8:00. Naps are only as-needed. Whatever that means. I am so confused that I can't figure out what I'm all about. If you know me, that is big.








I'm perfectly willing to be brainwashed into a better perspective, I just don't have the discipline to do it. Laziness has been born out of tiredness, and I have so confused the two that I'm guilty about both. My poor children.








Emma is on the verge of walking. And Joseph is on the verge of sounding more like Mussolini than a 2yo. He's so passionate, but unrestrained. History tells me to beware. He needs Jesus. I need Jesus. I just can't seem to find Him right now. He's probably in one of those boxes I haven't unpacked. I only hope that I didn't leave Him back on Rosedale. Thanks be to God that I am His work, and He is not mine. For He who began this good work in me will be faithful to complete it.








Consider these a few before pictures. I'm praying that they'll be "after"s!





No comments: