Thursday, August 17, 2006

Musicman

When Joseph was still in the womb, he was a very calm baby (still is, in fact). I used to worry that he didn't move around enough. There was always one exception, though: Sundays. As soon as the congregation began singing hymns, I would feel Joseph start to wiggle and kick. It was wonderful. I'm glad my son is already learning to participate in worship with God's people! :)

Well, I still think he's a music man. Today, after feeding and changing him, Joseph and I had our first dance together. I was listening to music on Aaron's computer and my favorite Boyz II Men song came on (On Bended Knee - cheesy, I know, I know!). So we danced and I sang. :) But he never made it to the end of the song. He clonked out. So, Mom, maybe he's going to be a composer?




And for fear that you think I'm leaving with you without any pics this post, here are pictures of Joseph's first bath. It was actually last Thursday, when Mom was here, I've just (gasp) procrastinated. ;)

So far, bathtime has gone very well. I've heard so many stories about babies not liking being wet or cold. Joseph doesn't particularly like being cold, I think, but doesn't make a sound - he just shivers pitifully! And that boy loves having his hair washed (or brushed or whatever). Maybe he's like his mama. :)

No comments: