Monday, February 16, 2009

I Email Aaron

"My knight in shining armor doesn't rescue me from dragons, or even bad guys with guns. My knight in shining armor barges through the door valiantly bearing a huge smile, dinner, and endless patience and optimism. He only cringes slightly at, but recovers quickly from, hearing the grim stories his fair lady tells him of her perils: a baby who cries for 2 hours, poops, and then pees so much that the poop seeps out the diaper and onto every surface in or near the crib; a little boy who can't understand "no" (and instead throws huge fits or cries terribly from disappointment), but is still so good-hearted that he gives his little sister her stuffed animals to play with...while she's in the bath tub; a leaky poopy diaper that drips onto the rug that now needs to be cleaned; and fingers that still smell like poop even after a good scrubbing.

This is what my Knight in shining armor is coming up against. Anyone want the job??"

No comments: