Wednesday, September 27, 2006

2 Months Old

Here's sweet Joseph on our walk today. I'm trying to take walks 3-4 times a week - for Joseph and for me. :) He's enjoying them more and more because, as you can see, his vision has improved and he can see me from the stroller. He can easily see Mama or Daddy from a good distance (and tracks us if we move), and finds things across the room interesting. (Alas, he is no longer as enamored with walls as he was a few weeks ago.)

Not only can he see better, but he's making connections with all that he's seeing. He knows things like if I move my hand, I can follow it; that face in front of me is quite familiar, and gives me happy feelings - I think I'll smile; oooooo, that blue thing is fascinating, I want it (and a swipe for it ensues). He's rarely successful at hitting his target, but it's so cute. He's now to the point where if I give him a ring, he'll hold it for a bit, but he just doesn't have enough control of his hands to really "play" yet.

Joseph is officially a thumb-sucker. I lay him down for nap and he immediately goes for the thumb. Sometimes I'll help him find it, but most of the time he figures it out. Today I found him sucking his thumb at the end of every nap! It's amazing that babies learn that fast...

He's liking "play time" much more now, which mostly means talking with Mama. For some funny reason, he gets so tickled when I say "mamamamamamama" or "dadadadadada" over and over, or if I speak Spanish. (Future career, Mom?)

I promise he really does smile as much as I say, but this boy just doesn't do cameras yet. :) Maybe that's changing, because today I caught two pictures of him smiling. But I wish you could see when he opens up his mouth all the way and smiles so big his eyes squint. :) Something of a laugh is there, too. He coos a lot now - sometimes very loudly. I wonder if this is the beginning of baby babble?

Joseph is getting so strong, too! Look at him on the boppy! I think I have a picture of him on the boppy just last week or 2 weeks ago. Look at how much higher he's holding himself up! Sheesh! Do babies ever stay the same for one week?

There's the update, for you out-of-towners. You know, you're welcome to come for a visit. We don't charge for cuddling. :) With Joseph, that is.

No comments: