Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Means Change

This time last year - around the first day of Spring - we were going through so many changes in our family: Karina had just arrived to live with us; our chickens (bless them) had been with us just a short time; my little garden was growing; my little boy was just starting to crawl; and we'd just received news that a new baby was growing in my womb. Now, that is spring.

I don't have much of that this year; my life is not bursting with newness. On the contrary, we're experiencing a sort of groaning as we slowly settle into a new life. Maybe it's a different kind of spring.

Don't think that we're unhappy this time around. There is a time for change; but then there's a time for stillness. Our family is ready for some stillness. So this Spring, we hope to be still and watch the world around us change.


He really did smile. I'm just a terrible photographer.

Big Brother.


Little Sister.


16 Weeks.



Sunday dress.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Oh my!! Sweet Emmaline is looking like Joseph more and more. How beautiful my niece and nephew are!
Bring them to Boston soon?

Love you all dearly.