Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sweet Emmaline...or Emmeline?

So, we're wondering about the spelling of Emma's name. If you remember, we're naming her after her (let's see...) Great-Great Grandmother, Violet Emmaline Graber. Or is it Violet Emmeline Graber?

This is Aaron's Dad's, Mom's, Mom. (Got it?) Aaron's grandma, Emma Kathleen, was named after her (who was her mother). My engagement ring was Violet's. So, I'm wearing Aaron's Great-Grandmother's engagement ring. And I want to give it to my Emma after I'm gone. I want her to know where she comes from. So, we're going to ask Aunt Kathryn if she might know the spelling. I suppose it's not crucial, but I'd like to at least know.

I guess we could just pick whatever we like. But I don't even know what I like. Emmeline has a nice look to it. Any other opinions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like Emmeline, but I want to call her Emma...so, if you're at all thinking of shortening, I think you should go with Emmaline so it won't be as confusing. :) She's beautiful I hope you all are doing well... it looks like I may not be able to come up for Della's wedding because of the weather :( We'll see.