Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Quick Update

Sorry there won't be any pictures this post - I'm too tired to get up and get the camera and cord. Well, maybe just too lazy?

Anyhow, here's how we are:

Joseph is doing so well. Miraculously, he slept through the night ALL NIGHT Friday, Sunday and last night. A wonderful birthday present for Mama, eh? :)

He's pulling up and says Mama and Dada all the time. Does he know what it means?

We're trying to wean and I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the ugly tunnel. We've been starting with lunch and substituting Mama with some warmed whole Braum's milk with extra goodies in it (like oils and live bacteria). Today he drank a whopping 4 oz. - and happily, I might add. Lunch was blissful - for the first time in 3 weeks.

He knows how to sign "more".

But he's a little sinner and is now refusing to. I don't mean to be ugly. It's pretty normal and all. It's that his little stubborn and willful heart doesn't want to do what Mama says if it's not on his agenda. We've had a few standoffs in the last two days (with Mama offering his favorite yummy yogurt), and after about 10 minutes of crying, pouting, zoning out, smiling, manipulating, etc. - I won. :) He put his chubby fingers together and signed "more" - all the yogurt he wants!

He is getting more disciplined and submissive in other areas. We are very thankful he is learning to respond quickly when we tell him "no". Most times he stops mid-action and does something else. God is good!

We had to lower his crib to the last slat. I hope he doesn't like to do "Tigger" like his Daddy did.

I've kind of abandoned "listening time". I can't seem to find the time to do it during the week. Must work on this. I enjoyed it when I did do it, and saw benefits from it.

Joseph has gone from a "one bowel movement every 2-3 day" kind of guy, to a "thrice daily" kind of guy. I'm sure that's better for him.

He smiles all the time. With the exception of my wonderful husband, no one charms me like Joseph.

He has learned to "click" his tongue in mimic of us. Karina actually taught him how to do this. Their relationship is truly amazing. He will do what she does. Follow her where she goes. And smile at her for no better reason than she's a 5yo wonderful cousin to him. :)

That's all for now. My baby is beginning to look like a boy. And soon enough he'll be a big brother, too. :)

1 comment:

T*ny and R*se said...

Being a couple months behind you, it's wonderful to hear about the light at the end of the tunnel!